A heavy black cloth, treated with fire proofing material, which is used for blacking out windows, making teasers, hiding cables, and hundreds of other uses. (Grip)
Heavy black cloth used for blacking out windows and many other purposes.

Audio and video glossary. 2014.

Игры ⚽ Поможем написать курсовую

Look at other dictionaries:

  • Duvetyne — is a twill fabric with a velvet like nap on one side. It may be woven from cotton, wool, or in rare cases, mainly in the early 20th century silk. Duvetyne has a matte finish and its high opacity makes it ideal for blocking light. Although it is… …   Wikipedia

  • duvetyne — noun A heavy black cloth used in the motion picture and film industry to block out unwanted light …   Wiktionary

  • duvetyne — n. soft velvety smooth shiny fabric (used in the manufacturing of women s suits, coats and dresses) …   English contemporary dictionary

  • duvetyne — du·ve·tyne …   English syllables

  • duvetyne — noun see duvetyn …   Useful english dictionary

  • Grip (job) — In the U.S. and Canada, grips are lighting and rigging technicians in the filmmaking and video production industries. They constitute their own department on a film set and are directed by a key grip. Grips have two main functions. The first is… …   Wikipedia

  • Poi (juggling) — In Maori culture, the discipline of poi evolved into a traditional performance art practiced mostly by women. This art includes storytelling and singing choreographed to poi routines, and developed in conjunction with others disciplines such as… …   Wikipedia

  • duvetyn — /dooh vi teen , dyooh /, n. a napped fabric, in a twilled or plain weave, of cotton, wool, silk, or rayon. Also, duvetine, duvetyne. [1910 15; < F duvetine, equiv. to duvet down (see DUVET) + ine INE2] * * * …   Universalium

  • duvetyn — /ˈdjuvətən/ (say dyoohvuhtuhn) noun a napped fabric, in a twilled or plain weave, of cotton, wool, silk, or rayon. Also, duvetine, duvetyne. {French, from duvet duvet + yn ine2} …  

  • duvetyn — or duvetyne [do͞o′və tēn΄, dyo͞o′və tēn΄] n. [Fr duvetine < duvet, eiderdown < MFr, altered < dumet < OFr dum, dun, altered (? after plume) < ON dunn, DOWN2] a soft textile with a short, velvety nap, originally made of cotton with… …   English World dictionary

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”